Maryville, Mo. – Missouri Western junior Hanna Williams broke her own school record and won the 600-meter run for the second time this season on Saturday as the Griffon track & field teams competed at the Bearcats Invitational. MWSU had 11 top 10 finishes, along with multiple personal bests.
-Not only did Williams break the program record in the 600, but she also broke the fieldhouse record with a time of 1:24.89 meaning she is the fastest woman to ever run the event in Hughes Fieldhouse.
- Aniya Kollore placed in the top-five of the women's 200-meter dash with a time of 25.63. Kollore also set a personal-best in the 60-meter dash with a time of 7.98.
- The women's 4x400-meter relay team of Aniyah Mance-Edwards, Hanna Williams,
Lynzi Miller and Symonne Holland placed fourth in the event with a time of 3:55.71.
- Bailey Gilbert placed sixth in the women's high jump with a height of 1.56 meters. Gilbert also placed top-five in the triple jump with 11.51 meters.
- Grace Langford broke top-10 in the weight throw with 15.13 meters.
- Lynzi Miller hit top-10 in the long jump with a distance of 5.32 meters.
- Miller broke a personal record on the day in the 60-meter hurdles with a time of 9.12.
- Tara Bergman placed top-10 in the shot put with 11.92 meters.
- Brandon Colner placed top-10 in the 1,000-meter run with a time of 2:38.98.
- Konner Larkin hit a personal-best in the one mile run with a time of 4:48.27.
- Logan Cutler also marked a personal record in the 800-meter run with a time of 2:00.29.
The Griffons will travel to Pittsburg, Kansas to compete in the Fifth Annual Indoor Classic next Saturday.
--- MWSU Athletics ---