ST. JOSEPH – The Missouri Western women's basketball team (16-5, 8-4) jumped out to a 15-0 lead on Lincoln (3-18, 0-12) and cruised to a 72-53 victory Wednesday night in the MWSU Fieldhouse.
Missouri Western scored on 11 of its 16 first quarter possessions to build a 26-9 lead after one quarter. The Griffons shot 58.8% in the quarter while holding Lincoln to 30% shooting. MWSU was cooled the rest of the game, but still managed to shoot 46.8% on the night.
- The Griffons moved to 10-1 in the MWSU Fieldhouse, avenging their first home loss of the season, nearly two weeks ago.
- All five Griffon starters scored in double figures.
- Missouri Western needed just two points on 1 of 12 shooting from its bench to handle the Blue Tigers.
- Chris Wilson led the Griffons with 17 points on 8 of 12 shooting with nine rebounds.
- Corbyn Cunningham was 6 for 6 from the field, scoring 15 points with nine rebounds.
- Katrina Roenfeldt scored 14 points on 5 of 10 shooting, 4 of 8 from 3-point range.
- Anastacia Johnson added 12 points with four assists and three steals.
- Kylee Williams scored 12 points on 4 of 8 shooting from 3-point range.
Missouri Western hosts No. 18 Central Missouri (17-3, 11-0) on Saturday at 1:30 p.m. The Jennies play at Northwest Missouri State, Thursday night, but took a 14-game win streak into this week. Central Missouri defeated the Griffons 63-52 in Warrensburg earlier this season. Missouri Western took a lead to the fourth quarter and led by one with five minutes left, but UCM closed out the game on a 12-2 run.
--- MWSU Athletics ---