ST. JOSEPH - The season win streak hit six and the home win streak hit eight as the Missouri Western Women's Basketball (11-2, 3-1) team took care of Northeastern State (4-8, 2-3) 86-63 Monday night in the MWSU Fieldhouse.
The Griffons moved three wins away from matching last season's win total by once again jumping out to a big first quarter lead and maintaining throughout. Missouri Western never trailed and led by as many as 31 points with five different Griffons scoring double figures. They did all that despite Katrina Roenfeldt playing just 16 minutes due to foul trouble.
- The Griffons held Northeastern State to seven first quarter points and are now allowing just 11.2 points per first quarter. It was the sixth straight game MWSU held its opponent to single digit scoring in the first quarter.
- MWSU started the second half with a 9-0 run that capped a 17-5 run going back to the end of the first half.
- Kylee Williams scored nine of the 17 points during the mid-game run, going 3 for 4 from behind the arc during the stretch.
- MWSU shot 58% in the first quarter, 61% in the third quarter and 49% for the game.
- 13 Griffon steals aided in MWSU scoring 22 fast break points to Northeastern State's four.
- Chris Wilson led the Griffons with 16 points and was +34, with the Griffs outscoring the RiverHawks by 34 points while Wilson was in the game.
- Simone Walker had a team-high eight rebounds.
- Simone Rodney dished out a team-high five assists.
- Anastacia Johnson recorded five steals and scored 11 points.
- Mychaell Gray scored 12 points on 5 of 6 shooting.
The Griffons hit the road, playing at Washburn (7-5, 1-2) Thursday night.
--- MWSU Athletics ---