ST. JOSEPH - The Missouri Western Women's Basketball team (10-2, 2-1) led wire-to-wire in its fifth consecutive victory, 76-61 over Rogers State (2-11, 0-4).
The Griffons picked up conference win No. 2 on the season and kept Rogers State winless in its first season as an MIAA member. The Griffons were dominant in the first half, shooting 53% and leading 45-20 at the break. Rogers State won the second half, outscoring the Griffons 41-31. Rogers State shot 61% in the third quarter after shooting 18% in the first. Missouri Western led by as many as 29 in the game and had nine players score in the first half.
· The Griffon sled 22-7 after one quarter of play.
· Corbyn Cunningham was 9 of 12 from the field, scoring a team-high 20 points with seven rebounds and a team-high five assists.
· Missouri Western missed just 16 shots in the first half, eight in each quarter.
· The Griffons pulled down 42 rebounds to Rogers State's 32.
· Anastacia Johnson scored 11 points with seven rebounds, four assists and a team-high three steals.
· Mychaell Gray added 11 points on 5 of 7 shooting.
· Simone Rodney made her first three 3-point attempts and finished with nine points.
UP NEXT The Griffons host Northeastern State (4-7, 2-2) at 5:30 p.m. on Jan. 6. The RiverHawks lost 62-40, Saturday at Northwest Missouri State.
--- MWSU Athletics ---