JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. – Missouri Western bounced back in Jefferson City, Saturday, as Griffon Women's Basketball (6-2, 1-1 MIAA) got a 66-47 win over Lincoln (1-8, 0-2 MIAA). Saturday's victory gave head coach Candi Whitaker her first MIAA victory at the helm as well as the first conference victory for the season.
The Griffons shot 50% from the field and 33% from three-point range in the fourth quarter to seal it against the Blue Tigers. Missouri Western also contained Lincoln offensively as they only shot 31% from the field.
- The Griffons began the game with a great start offensively, outscoring the Blue Tigers 19-9.
- Corbyn Cunningham and Chris Wilson led the way in scoring for the Griffons, as Cunningham had 17 and Wilson added 16.
- Wilson also led the team with 12 rebounds for her fourth double-double of the season.
- Katrina Roenfeldt turned in her first double-double of the year with 12 points and 10 rebounds.
- The Blue Tigers turned the ball over 18 times and the Griffons took advantage of those mistakes, tallying 11 points off the turnovers
- The Griffons tallied 20 of their 66 points in the fourth quarter alone.
- Lincoln went 0 for 14 from behind the arc.
- The Griffons will take a week and a half off before they host Peru State on Monday, Dec. 16 at 11:30 a.m. in the MWSU Fieldhouse.
- The Bobcats are coming off a 77-55 home loss to Clarke on Saturday.
--- MWSU Athletics ---