WARRENSBURG, Mo. - The Missouri Western women's basketball team had their five-game winning streak come to an end Thursday as they lost at Central Missouri 62-53. UCM ended the game on a 12-2 run as MWSU falls to 5-2 this season and 0-1 in the MIAA.
The Jennies outscored Missouri Western 22-10 in the fourth quarter, shooting close to 67% over the final 10 minutes. Missouri Western's last lead came with 5:02 left, 51-50 on a Simone Walker layup. On the night, Missouri Western led for 17:43, including a 43-40 lead after three quarters.
- Katrina Roenfeldt led the team with 14 points, scoring nine in the first half.
- Roenfeldt also had a team-high eight rebounds, three assists and six steals.
- The game was tied 16 times with 10 different lead changes.
- The Jennies outscored MWSU by 14 in the paing (38-24)
- Chris Wilson and Corbyn Cunningham were limited to 11 total points and four total rebounds. Both had a season-low two rebounds and Wilson was held to a season-low four points.
- Missouri Western was 5 of 11 from the free throw line (45.5%) and UCM was 9 of 13 (69.2%).
- The Jennies' Megan Skaggs scored 10 of her 15 points in the second half.
The Griffons play at in Jefferson City at Lincoln on Saturday at 1:30. The Blue Tigers fell to 1-7 on the season following a 56-32 loss at home to Northwest Missouri on Thursday.
--- MWSU Athletics ---