GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. - The Missouri Western men's basketball team fell to 3-5 on the season with a 86-82 loss to Western Colorado (3-3) in the Holiday Inn Thanksgiving Classic hosted by Colorado Mesa.
Missouri Western outscored the Mountaineers 51-47 in the second half, but it wasn't enough to overcome a Western Colorado team that shot 49% on the afternoon and better than 59% in the second half. A Tyrell Carroll layup with 44 seconds left in the game capped a 15-3 Griffon run that tied the game at 82. Western Colorado scored the final four points, two on a layup and two on free throws as the Griffons missed two 3-point attempts in the final five seconds of the game.
- Tyus Millhollin followed up his career-high night on Friday with a new career-high on Saturday, scoring a game-high 21 points on 8 of 16 shooting from the field, 5 of 11 shooting from 3-point range and 10 of 12 free throw shooting.
- Carroll was one point shy of tying his career-high with 28 points. He had seven assists one night after dishing out 10.
- Zach Anderson scored a career-high 10 points and had four blocked shots.
- After four starters fouled out on Friday at Colorado Mesa, three fouled out Saturday against Western Colorado with Jonathan Mesmacque, Will Eames and Alex John all fouling out.
- Missouri Western shot 39% in the game after shooting 44% in the second half.
- The Griffons were 10 of 35 from 3-point range.
- Western Colorado pulled down 50 rebounds to the Griffons' 29.
- MWSU was outscored by 14 in the paint.
The Griffons open conference play Thursday at Central Missouri (3-4).
--- MWSU Athletics ---